Richard was asked to create a new website for an established author who wanted to write more about ADHD. The website was created with WordPress in a traditional blog format with simple navigation and design. The website is focused on great informative content.
A key element for the success of the website is the regular publishing of posts that can be shared on social media. The project started with the securing of the domain name and has included the creation of the website, hosting and monthly maintenance including SEO.
Project Scope & Methodology
The project scope included:
- Identification of a suitable domain name
- Creating a WordPress wesbite and installing on hosting environment
- Setting up email and general admin environment
- Identifying solutions to the fetaure requirments – plugins, layout and structure
- Optimising the website for speed, SEO, and asssiting the author to create initial pages and blog posts
- Implementation of plugins for subscriptions
- Monthly maintenance of the website and general consulatncy advice on site and social media development.
The website solution is WordPress which on this occasion is currently being used as a traditional blog. New features including ecommerce may be added in the future
The website is currently hosted on a monthly package supplied by Richard. (Check out hosting companies in the Directory)
The main plugins used to deliver this website solution are:
Sydney Theme – the Sydney theme was used for this client to help them have a slick, uncluttered layout that would be easy to update and change in the future.
(Check out all the WordPress plugins I have used in the Directory)
The client’s website can be found at ADHD and Me