RE Harper is. successful author. She had an existing author site that had limited features and was not mobile-friendly. She asked Support From Richard to create a new WordPress website to support her current and future books.
The site will be continually updated as new books are published. In addition, there is information about the books characters and audio/visual snippets for each category. The author is building a list of fans who will receive updates via a newsletter delivered by MailChimp.
Project Scope & Methodology
The project scope included:
- Creating a WordPress wesbite and installing on hosting environment
- Setting up email and general admin environment
- Identifying solutions to the fetaure requirments – plugins, layout and structure
- Migrate content from old wesbite/host with bespoke website builder
- Re-direction of old domain – reharper.co.uk
- Optimising the website for speed, SEO, and asssiting the author to create initial pages and blog posts
- Implementation of plugins for subscriptions
- Monthly maintenance of the website and general consulatncy advice on site and social media development.
The website solution is WordPress which on this occasion is currently being used as a traditional blog. New features including ecommerce may be added in the future. The author will be adding new books over the coming months and is keen to get readers involved with developments. An innovative element of the website is Meet the Characters, which comprises small audio files of the characters talking – I love it!
The website is currently hosted on a monthly package supplied by Richard. (Check out hosting companies in the Directory).
The main plugins used to deliver this website solution are:
Integration with MailChimp.
Plus several plugins that help make sure the speed of the site is maintained and spam is reduced.
Rankmath – Search Engine Optimisation and more
(Check out all the WordPress plugins I have used in the Directory)
The client’s website can be found at RE Harper